T H E O F F I C I A L S I T E O F T H E C S T A C I T Y S A T E L L I T E T E N N I S T O U R
CSTA TENNIS TOUR
COMPLETE RULES & GUIDELINES
Tour Since 1987
| PLAYING LEVELS | FAQ'S | ABOUT US |
Please Take The Time To Read All Information!
Attention All Players! Before You Join Please Read All Rules & Refund Policies!
REFUND TOURNAMENT POLICY
Refunds Are Issued As A Credit Which Is A Free Admission Into Any Next Tour Of Your Choice!
* Your Name is automatically put on the Credit List when you are issued a Credit refund for a Tour.
* Your Credit is good for a Free Admission Into Any Upcoming Tour or Events.
* Your Credit allows you a Free Admission, and you can play any events both singles and any doubles.
* Your Credit is good until you use it.
* Your Name Must Be On The Credit List To Receive A Free Admission!
* If Your Name is not on the list: Your Registration will be electronically canceled out!
Before You Sign-up: Please Read Your Playing Option Policy.
Be aware of Your Options: If Your 1st choice playing Event may not be available.
see: Options & Guidelines
COMPLETE TOUR RULES & GUIDELINES
We Are An Adult League
There is a Registration fee of:
You must be at least 19 years old to join and play on the Tour.
Each Tour runs approximately 8 weeks including Playoffs. (See Tour starting dates)
FREE SPRING TRAINING TOUR--- starts in May (2 Weeks - See details on free Spring Training Tour)
SUMMER TOUR-------------------------------- starts in June
FALL TOUR--------------------------------------- starts in August
YEAR END CHAMPIONSHIPS------- starts in October
Singles and Doubles will play 8 matches during the 6 week regular tour - Approximately 1 or 2 matches a
week depending on your schedule. You will play 4 Home matches at a park you choose for your "Home Court" and you will play 4
Travel matches. All matches including travel matches are played in the city metro and suburban area parks.
Choosing Your Home Court
Select your favorite neighborhood tennis court, that's in good condition, to be your "Home Court". This is where you will play all of
your 4 home court matches at. You may select any park in the city metro area and select either indoor or outdoor courts. If you select
an indoor court, you and your opponent will share the cost of the court time to play your match.
Home Court Matches
Players having the home court advantage for a match should get to their courts early and secure the court for their match.
Remember, these are public courts on a first come basis. Home court players should supply 1 can of "new balls", Wilson, Penn,
or Dunlop balls only.
Scheduling Your Matches
Singles and Doubles Teams will receive a 6 Week Match Schedule to follow on tour. You will have 1 week, or 7 days to schedule and play
your match for any week. You may play your match any day, or any time of that week you and your opponent agree upon to play.
Your Match Schedule will indicate your next opponent for each week. You should call, or email your opponent for that week and set-up
a day and time for your match to be played that week. Players should actively try and contact each other to arrange to play their matches.
The best way to contact your opponents is by emailing them to arrange your matches!
Rescheduling A Match
A match may be rescheduled due to personal obligations, job duties, vacations, or bad weather. Contact your opponents and inform
them of any changes, and arrange a new date to play the match. A match that was interrupted by bad weather or other reasons, may
be rescheduled and played from that point where the match ended starting with a first serve to complete the match. All rescheduled
matches must be played "before" the tour has ended.
Playing A Regular Tour Match
* The Match is: ------- The best 2 out of 3 sets:
* Tie Break: ----------- A 12 pointer tie breaker will be at 6 games all to determine winner of the set: ( first player to 7 winning by 2 pts.)
* Scoring is: ---------- Ad-in / Ad-out scoring during the match.
* Warm-ups: ---------- Players will agree on warm-up time which is usually about 5 to 10 minutes.
Are generally on the 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, and 11th games during a set. Bring your water/sports drinks to have during the breaks.
If someone is waiting for the court, you may have to adjust the break periods.
Players will call their own lines during the match. If a call is in dispute during a match, be respectful and replay the point starting with
a first serve.
Points Awarded For A Regular Season Match
Singles and Doubles Teams are awarded the following points for playing a match:
* 400 Points ---- Is the maximum amount of points you can earn for a regular Tour: --- 8 Matches x 50 Points.
* 50 Points ---- For winning the match ( maximum amount of points for a match )
* 20 Points ---- For winning a "set", but you lost the match.
* 5 Points ---- For playing the match and did not win a set or the match.
* 0 Points ---- If you did not play your match by default.
Instant Credit If You Play Less Than Half Of Your Matches
If you don't get the opportunity to play at least 4 of your matches during a Tour, you can request a Credit!
A Credit will be given to you to play your next Tour of your choice at no charge. Inform office to put you on the Credit List!
A Player or Team will have 20 minutes past the agreed upon match time, and then will be in default, and forfeit the match. The match win
will be awarded to the non-defaulters with all 50 points awarded to them.
Report Your Weekly Match Scores
After you complete each match, each player/team must email the scores into the office the same day if possible, or the next day so we
can quickly post them at the: "At The Courts" page each day. See all the scores from around the league, and where you and your
opponents are in the tour standings.
Injuries In A Match
A Player who is injured during a match and cannot continue, will have to forfeit the match. Injured Player will keep any points earned in the
match. Winning Player will be awarded 50 points and the win.
Injured Player can sign-up for any next Tour on a "Credit" ( free admission ) if they have to drop from the Tour due to injuries.
My Opponent Cannot Play On Our Scheduled Week
If your opponent cannot play on your scheduled week to play, you can either declare a default for the match and take the 50 points and the
win. Or you can arrange to play the match at a later date in the tour. All rescheduled matches must be played "before" the tour has ended!
I Have Tried And Cannot Contact My Next Opponent
If you cannot contact your opponent for any week, just move on to your next scheduled match. Later in the Tour you can try and reschedule
any unplayed matches. If you still can't contact them, take credit for all matches plus all points.
My Next Opponent Has Dropped From The Tour
Treat the match as a default and a win for you, and take credit and the 50 points. We sometimes have Standby Players filling in for a Player
who has dropped. They will contact you to set-up a match date, and inform you of the Player they are standing in for, and replacing.
I Have To Drop From The Tour
Any Player who has to drop from the tour after playing at least one match can sign-up again for any upcoming tour at no charge. If you are
playing Doubles and your Partner has to drop, you can replace your partner with a Player of the same skill level, just inform the office of any
changes. Also see refund policy below if you are dropping from the tour.
We sometimes have Players on a standby list who wants to replace a Player who has dropped from the tour. Standby Player will contact you
to arrange a match, and inform you of the Player they are standing in for. All Standby Players will keep any points they earned in a match, and
may also qualify for the Playoffs should they have enough points.
Lost Match Schedules
Contact the office to receive another Match Schedule, we will promptly email you another schedule.
TOUR CODE OF ETHICS
The Tour should be fun and competitive! All Players will abide by the Tour Code of Ethics.
Please let us know of any Players who do not adhere to the code of ethics so we may remind them.
The Tour may not ask or may not allow a Player to rejoin the Tour if he or she continues to violate the code of ethics.
* No swearing or foul langauge should be used while playing a match.
* No abuse or throwing of racquets during a match.
* Be respectful to all opponents you play, and to other Players on nearby courts during a match.
* It is customary to shake hands at the end of the match regardless if you win or lose.
PLAYOFFS & GUIDELINES:
PLAYOFFS: SUMMER TOUR & YEAR END CHAMPIONSHIPS
SCHEDULING & RE-SCHEDULING A PLAYOFF MATCH
Any Playoff Matches may be rescheduled if it is due to: Bad Weather Only!
Players will be given extra time to complete their matches due to bad weather. Please check with the office for extra time to complete your matches.
If your opponent cannot play during your scheduled match days allowed:
do not attempt to reschedule this match past the days given for the round!
Consider this a default, and take credit for the match and move on to the next round. It is unfair to hold up the Playoffs waiting for the convenience of a few.
All Points Earned In The Playoffs Are "Doubled"
* 250 Points ----- For winning The Championship Match.
* 150 Points ----- For the Runner-Up.
* 100 Points ----- For winning a Playoff Match.
* 40 Points ----- For winning a "set", but you lost the match.
* 10 Points ----- For playing the match and did not win a set or the match.
* 0 Points ----- If you did not play your match by default.
MINI ROUND PLAYOFFS
SUMMER TOUR ---- Mini Round Top 8 Players Playoffs!
* Mini Round Playoffs are played after the Summer Tour has ended.
* Match play is the same as regular tour matches.
* The leading Top 8 Players with the "most points" will be invited to play in the Mini Round Playoffs.
* Mini Round Playoffs will determine the winners of the Summer Tours.
* You will play 3 rounds in the Mini Rounds: Quarters, Semis , and the Finals.
* Winners of the Summer Tour will qualify for the Year End Championships.
* You will have 3 DAYS to play each round in a Top 8 Mini Round Playoffs.
YEAR END CHAMPIONSHIPS PLAYOFFS
THE YEAR END TOP 16 CHAMPIONSHIPS ---- The Year's Best 16 Players!
* The Year End Championships Top 16 Players and Top 8 Doubles Teams will be selected from the Summer, and Fall Tours.
* Match play is the same as the regular tour matches.
* The Top 16 Players and Top 8 Doubles Teams who qualify will be invited to play in the Year End Championships.
* Year End Championships begins about a week after the Fall Tour ends.
* You will have 7 DAYS to play each round in the YEAR END CHAMPIONSHIPS.
Qualifying & Seeded For The Year End Championships
* To qualify, a Player had to earn a minimum of 270 points or more in "one tour" to qualify and be considered.
* If you qualify and place in the Top 16 Players or Top 8 Doubles, then your points earned over the season are combined and totaled for your seeding.
Invitations & Alternates
* We will invite some players as "wild cards" to round out a field of 16 if more players are needed, and or due to player's who are unavailable to play.
* Wild Card Players are selected and seeded with their "single best" win/lose/points earned record achieved over the season.
TOURNAMENT AWARDS & TROPHIES
THE YEAR ENDING CHAMPIONSHIPS: Singles & Doubles
* Winners will forever have their names inscribed onto the Wall Of Champions, and receive a CSTA Certificate, or the CSTA Trophy Cup.
* If Trophies are awarded in your division: Trophy Awards will only be awarded for the "Year End Championships" Singles winners only!
* The Top Doubles Teams will receive the CSTA Certificate Award, and also be placed on the Wall Of Champions.
ALL REGULAR SEASON WINNERS: (Winners of Spring or Summer Tours)
Regular season winners will receive a CSTA Certificate Of Achievement Award in their division play after the Playoffs.
CSTA CITY RANKINGS: Top 50 City Players
All Players will be Ranked based on their Win / Lose & Points record. Rankings will be updated shortly after each Tour and Playoffs are completed.
Please email all scores in.
Thanks For Joining The Tour!